Tuesday, November 27, 2007

An Introduction

My name is James Cummins and for quite some time I've been involved in creating my very own custom role playing world. I plan on turning a product of this world into my senior project for graduation from Bard College in May 2008.

In the meantime, I'll be using this space to keep track of my ideas and to allow my friends and those interested by my system to keep track of progress.

Over the next few days, I'll be publishing in this space old setting-specific material that I will go through and edit to be up-to-date with my current ideas. Afterward, I'll use this space to muse on the nature of the game-play mechanics themselves, which has been my current concern.

For those who would like a taste of what has come before, there is a woefully-neglected forum thread I've posted at ENworld.org. Be warned! Much of the game play information in that thread is out of date; my system is no longer d20 based, and now follows a dice mechanic similar to the Storyteller, White Wolf, or Shadowrun systems.

Everything else after that is very much in the air, so please forgive any untidiness of thought over the next few months, and expect retractions, dead-end ideas, and other changes to the system as I explore and experiment.

Finally, for the sake of posterity I will avoid any retrograde edits in this space, and simply make new posts for any significant changes. Eventually I will create some other space for organizing current up-to-date information and game rules.

No comments: