Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Intermission and a Map!

While drawing all these nifty safe-for-work pictures of my races is fun, it's also time-consuming. It's slowing down my progress in updating old information, and that's something I can't afford at the moment, so no new artwork for now, sorry.

You can still view old artwork that's slightly less safe for work at my photobucket account. I've drawn all the major races except for ghrok and humans there, in the form of tasteful nudes.

In the meantime however, I thought I should include a map of the inhabitable hemisphere of Aarn, to allow those of you following along to keep track of what is where. I hope it will be helpful!
The white rounded outline actually represents the ring of storms cutting off the habitable side of the planet from the rest. Due to the type of map projection I used (a simple rectangular projection, for you map-heads out there) the rounded square you see is in fact how it would look on a map.

Cerenbaun and Igakari, the two most important kingdoms in the setting are on Zenninfal, and they've been colored in with a slightly lighter green. The rensvaja kingdoms I've yet to develop are similarly colored lighter in the south of Rensvan.

The gray islands are ones that I have not yet developed detailed information for, so there is quite a lot of room for expansion. But that is something that will have to wait for another time!

No comments: